Leaking Cool Head

Leaking Cool Head

So i have a situation. I bought a new 310 kit from Eddie back in June, got the bike back together and fired it up, runs real good. Took it to the coast and ran it and ran real good, ran it for about 30min. Got back to camp and noticed oil dripping about the exhaust. Tried to find where it was coming from and it appears to be coming from the cool head, right where the cool head is meshed together, looks like it starts in back and runs down front. but if it's engine oil then it must be coming from the head itself. I have attached images. Does it look like that to ever body else? I have emailed Eddie but no response. I don't see a phone number to call so not sure what to do.

Thoughts???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4552.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	61439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4553.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	61441  

bad head. bad acorn nuts. not tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coolant flows through the head but not oil, you're going to have to figure out how that got in there. Maybe it's unburnt premix leaking from the spark plug gasket? Just a shot in the dark but worth checking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Nuts are tight, verified a couple times. As you can see it not leaking from the spark plug. Those pictures are right after the 30min ride. I am leaning towards a bad head but how do you get a hold of ESR? Yes, it is unburnt oil from the mix

I can't really see that it's not from the spark plug, the pic is too dark to tell but I'll take your word for it. Could be a crack in the head, do you have the tools to do a pressure test? sanders_e @ sbcglobal. net is email for ESR

Try email, much better response than phone...if no response; ship everything back and ask for a solution or refund.

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 11-18-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks guys, yeah I say its not the plug because there is no oil up there, but I guess it doesn't rule out the fact it could be leaking there between the dome and the head. That is the email I have sent email to, I will try again.

Shouldn't be any oil between the head and dome. Coolant lives there. It is hard to tell from the pictures what is happening. I would clean everything really well. Start it and let it run, keep and eye on it to see if you can find the leak. Might be seeping out between a crush washer.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links