What carb jet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What carb jet?

Quote Originally Posted by bkvanbek View Post
    I need to rejet the carb. They said the Keinhin carbs all take the same jets. I must have a PJ, not that it matters. The jets that are in are a 150 and 48. What do you recommend? Is a 20 pc set on ebay ok?
    that is what the other gentlemen were telling you sir they were giving you some starting points.do you know how to jet?

[QUOTE=cmorris;367829]
    I need to rejet the carb. They said the Keinhin carbs all take the same jets. I must have a PJ, not that it matters. The jets that are in are a 150 and 48. What do you recommend? Is a 20 pc set on ebay ok?
    that is what the other gentlemen were telling you sir they were giving you some starting points. I always start at 165/55 dgh 3rd. 1 1/2 pas. Then change your jets accordingly. Start with pilot and then when it's done move to your main.hope it helps

The 20 piece jet kit your referring to on ebay is most likely Chinese stuff & if it is you'll want to stay away from them. Actual keihin jets are made with much more strict tolerances than the Chinese copies. JetsRus is a great place to get factory keihin jets.
    american opel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

agree. keep away from china stuff. for jetting call bdt motorsports. they stock all jets-needles-parts. bdt-carlos will jet 4 u spot on.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well maybe since those are the stock jets, maybe it is something else. I don't know how to jet. It runs poorly until the rpms get up there. I will see if I can attach spark plug photos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200203_133925.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	61895

I would definitely go to Jets R us for any carb parts including jets. They have everything you need
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

How does the air filter look? If it was or is excessively dirty that would be a good place to start before tearing into the carb. If the carb needs cleaning rebuild kits are inexpensive & there easy to rebuild.

My carb starts out with a "PJ" and has an oval slide. The jets are a 150 and 48. What do you recomend? Is a 20 pc set on ebay ok?
    Sounds like you have the stock PJ 34MM Carburetor.

Not all Keihin's use the same Jets, Pilot Jets are different as well. For your PJ this really does not matter.

Well maybe since those are the stock jets, maybe it is something else. I don't know how to jet. It runs poorly until the rpms get up there. I will see if I can attach spark plug photos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200203_133925.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	61895
    Picture of Plug doesn't tell us much, except it looks dart-rich. However; to really tell what's going on we need a close-up, with Threads cut off at base.

Carlos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links