250r piston help - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 250r piston help

K I was hoping it didn’t come from crank if it’s something I can fix without splitting case I’m pretty sure I can handle fixing it with a little tips from you guys if it gets to where I gots split the case that’s where I’ll call it quits for me and call in the pros that do it everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Justin335 View Post
    I have taken the right sidde cover off today and pulled the clutch plates and I found a ball bearing setting in the side cover and full of metal shavings didn’t tear it down any farther because it got dark and I was using a flashlight to see I am guessing a crank bearing is there any other bearings in there that would lock it up that has ball bearings in it
    Likely the Clutch Ball at end of Clutch Rod...as stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin335 View Post
    K I was hoping it didn’t come from crank if it’s something I can fix without splitting case I’m pretty sure I can handle fixing it with a little tips from you guys if it gets to where I gots split the case that’s where I’ll call it quits for me and call in the pros that do it everyday
    After taking the cylinder off....Once you pull the basket off, and disconnect the shift shaft, drum, star shift mechanism, and CB...if the crankshaft does not move...you have to split the cases to see what's going on.

Carlos

I noticed last night the clutch basket felt loose it wobbled a little bit is that normal

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Do you have a shop manual?it will come in real handy with torque specs etc...it sounds like you’ve been giving it a go by yourself this will help you tremendously..

yes the basket will wiggle some.as stated pull the clutch off and counterballancer.if the crank wont spin time to split and see what happened

K thanks I’m gona finish taking the basket and stuff off this weekend I’m deffinately gona get me a manual
    american opel likes this.

I have a question Carlos mentioned if I use my 86 cylinder on the 88 bottom end to use a 87 piston I was wondering if I could use the 86 piston I already have with the 88 bottom if I use the spacer I really hate to buy another piston if I can use those one I haven’t even ran two tanks of gas on it and it still looks new it is a 68 mm too

yes you can use a 86 piston with any year cylinder and any year crank.just need a spacerplate with the long rod crank.

So I figured I’d get a pro to fix tgat bottom end so I put my new 86 top end on the 88 and it was not firing so I switched stators and got it firing and running but it runs like garbage on tgat bottom end power band doesn’t want to come in and I noticed it will back fire every once in a while it was also puffing a lot of smoke at one time and the smoke didn’t smell like the two stroke oil I was curious if this sounds like a symptom of bad crank seals or something I’m sure it has to be something in tgat bottom end since the other one ran great not even a week ago with the same stuff on it

yes it could be sucking trans fluid from the crankseal.i always fill mine 3/4 quart 750ml not the 500ml that way if the seal does go bad it sucks trans fluid not air and lean out.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links