Motor City Spark ignition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Motor City Spark ignition

Motor City Spark ignition

Anyone on these forums run the new motor city spark ignition yet? It's the one where the coil is powered by a battery. Ive heard good things about it on the Facebook group, but can't seem to find out if it has bad kick back like my hpi does. Thinking of selling mine and try this one if anyone has tried this yet and recommend it.

never heard of it.what does a battery have to do with powering the coil.what triggers the spark?

I'm waiting to hear feedback also. They've been out for a couple months. My 330 kicks back like crazy. They have a video.
    https://youtu.be/IZujJQfIRAU

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Here yah go Martin.
    https://motorcityspark.com/
    Seems promising.

.org has answers on this its a nice set up

so to run one you will need a battery and then have to redo your stator to be able to charge the battery?yeah i'll stick with oem honda.
    aztecgwynn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by american opel View Post
    so to run one you will need a battery and then have to redo your stator to be able to charge the battery?yeah i'll stick with oem honda.
    That is an option, but not a necessity... Most use it as a constant loss system. Battery technology is much better than 20 years ago. Cvetko used one of the batteries in his vids for a weekend at Silver Lake. He ran through 15 gallons of fuel ( Possibly more ) and never recharged the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    .org has answers on this its a nice set up
    No...maybe confusing HPI units.

Quote Originally Posted by american opel View Post
    Yes; Hard to beat a CR250R IGN or stock Honda IGN on a 250R.

Quote Originally Posted by SandSlinger View Post
    Anyone on these forums run the new motor city spark ignition yet? It's the one where the coil is powered by a battery. Ive heard good things about it on the Facebook group, but can't seem to find out if it has bad kick back like my hpi does. Thinking of selling mine and try this one if anyone has tried this yet and recommend it.
    Seen two of the HPI's on customers TRX250R (310 & 370), both came in to BDT to cure the "Kick Back" and both customers complained the power curve was awful, basically a light switch. After installing CR250R IGN's at BDT; both customers loved the power and easy starts of the CR250R IGN.

One customers TRX250R (350) came in with a New MCSI (Motor City Spark IGN), he had 3 complaints; "hard to start", "easily flooded-then kick back", and "wouldn't get out of it's own way-no power on mid-top end"...we couldn't dial it in. Switch it over to a "Good" Stock Complete TRX250R 89 IGN...all 3 problems solved.

Conclusion; stick to Honda electronics, even if used, as long as they are "good" OEM IGN's, they are still better than the other two options (HPI & MCSI).

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 09-26-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    No...maybe confusing HPI units.

Yes; Hard to beat a CR250R IGN or stock Honda IGN on a 250R.

Seen two of the HPI's on customers TRX250R (310 & 370), both came in to BDT to cure the "Kick Back" and both customers complained the power curve was awful, basically a light switch. After installing CR250R IGN's at BDT; both customers loved the power and easy starts of the CR250R IGN.

One customers TRX250R (350) came in with a New MCSI (Motor City Spark IGN), he had 3 complaints; "hard to start", "easily flooded-then kick back", and "wouldn't get out of it's own way-no power on mid-top end"...we couldn't dial it in. Switch it over to a "Good" Stock Complete TRX250R 89 IGN...all 3 problems solved.

Conclusion; stick to Honda electronics, even if used, as long as they are "good" OEM IGN's, they are still better than the other two options (HPI & MCSI).

Carlos
    not confusing HPI units with motor city spark. maybe if you knew more about this system you might have been able to dial it in.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    not confusing HPI units with motor city spark. maybe if you knew more about this system you might have been able to dial it in.
    so how many have you dialed in smartass?oh none.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links