Advice on who to have rebuild the motor
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SandSlinger
  • 1 Post By aztecgwynn

Thread: Advice on who to have rebuild the motor

Advice on who to have rebuild the motor

I have read through some posts and tried to search, but im clearly not hitting the right key words, sorry if this has been covered 1000 times. Looking to get my 85 ATC 250R motor rebuilt. Wondering who might be a good choice. Bubbas house of power was suggested by the previous owner. Im in NC but am willing to ship. Im not looking to go nutso crazy, would like stock rebuild...... or maybe a 310.... ha..... really just starting this process but am looking for help. Im mechanically inclined but want someone else for this one..... suggestions on where to look? Thanks.

There's a crap load that's reputable.
    Bubba is good for sure, not 100% he's accepting any work though. You'd have to call.
    Neil from C-Leigh racing is in NC to I believe.
    Rob Selvy is good
    Arlan at LED Performance is good out west here.
    BDT in Cali
    That's off the top of my head right now. There's way more I'm forgetting.
    american opel likes this.

Here is my honest opinion, how good and confident at doing most work yourself?
    if you are confident start off by doing the top end yourself but send lower half of motor to be done by someone with good rep and most important someone who knows 250R like guys listed above!
    Doing top end yourself not only will save you money but give you self of accomplishment as well. Send out cylinder to be bored or ported by porter you choose. Then when you get everything back assemble yourself. Not too hard.
    etccb likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. I know i could assemble it, ive done some V8’s and other single cylinder motors from block up, but id like this one done by a professional. Im leaning towards Neil to do it. Ive tried to look up his info but am having troubles. Can someone PM me his number? Thanks again.

Good choice. He's close to you. I can msg him on Facebook to get a hold of you if you want.

Yeah! Thatd be great. Please do.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links