breaking up

Thread: breaking up

breaking up

hey guys. I'm going riding this weekend and it's time to take the 250r out for a rip. I havent taken it riding riding in a while just normally put around to keep it running every month or so. it's been about 2 years since this quad has seen serious riding as I normally ride one of my other quads. I've been noticing lately that the quad idles good and runs awesome at WOT but at part throttle (maybe around 1/2 throttle it seems to break up then you go WOT and it clears out and hits the band. like I said it runs awesome at WOT. since the bike spends time in the garage I'm thinking maybe the pilot jet is a little dirty? when I got the bike 3 years ago I had the carb fully apart to clean it and do a rejet. I cant rememeber exactly what jets I put in it. from what i remember i went up 1 step on the pilot but I dont remember what main I put in it. needle is on the middle clip. only power mods are a pipe and a drop in k&n with no lid. thanks for any replies

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

also yes I put fresh fuel in it and a new plug. the bike starts first kick cold or hot

I would def open up the carb clean out the jets that could be the culprit..
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

honestly I'm kinda thinking that too. maybe I'll pop the bowl off tonight and spray the pilot out a little. my banshee was sitting since September and it wasnt gutting the band when I had it out recently. shot some carb spray through the jets and problem solved. I'll try and start with that if not I'll just deal with it this Saturday then fix it afterwards

so before riding yesterday I did a quick clean up on the carb. the quad ran great all day except... it seems as though everytime I would go through big puddles it would start to bog and run like hell shortly after and I would have to stop and wait 5-10 minutes before it would run good and hit powerband again. something is telling me that's an electrical issue. the filter stayed clean and dry the entire time so I know it wasnt taking water in that way so I'm thinking something electrical is getting wet and coursing it to run poorly. or maybe a possible air leak but the bike seems to run good otherwise. it actually runs rich

Pull stator cover is there water in there is it dry, any visible rust?
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

yeah I was thinking water has to be getting in there. the wires coming out if the cover have that rubber coating over them from the factory and it looks a little beat up I'll take pics when I have a chance

and make sure the spark plug wire and boot are in good condition and not arcing out.

I was thinking spark plug boot or wire but I dont think the water was rising that high

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links