Let me hear your opinions on my motor build

Let me hear your opinions on my motor build

Ok I have a 86 trx.short rod motor 67.50mm cool head 20cc dome hotrods crank Paul Turner 89 race pipe pj38 bored and boyesen rad valve cylinder was ported all that fun stuff. So I'm looking to make more power. I'm happy with it now but more would be better right?!! I was looking to do a big bore 310 or 330 but I was also curious on a stroker crank for my setup now? Like a 4mm can it be done with my setup now? Ide throw in a new piston too but mine is fresh now. What all would need changed? Spacer plate? Porting need changed? Would it be better just to bolt on a 310 or 330 and get a new short rod crank?I ride woods and old logging roads so I want good mid range and decent top end. I'm looking to have more power right when I shift gears and get on the throttle? Would a stock cylinder with a stroker crank run strong?

Also if the porting needs matched to the longer stroke would it be ok to have my ported cylinder re ported? Not sure what it was ported for it was the owner before me? Spacer plate too right?

What would be a good pipe to try?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

If your engine is currently in good running order I would consider a better pipe for a starting point. ESR's 5 is a great pipe. I would go all or nothing on the rest of the engine. A complete package from ESR is a good value and you could have the porting improved in the future. Sky is the limit depending on your budget.
    Laeger narrow, Protrax, cr500 link, 363
    Stock '88 frame, 265 pv and peps
    Another '88

Post up if you decide to sell your OEM cylinder.

Stroker needs the spacer plate, but it has to be ported for it. Can't just use a spacer and call it good.

I think your best bet is to call one of the builders and let them tell you what you need.
    Last edited by 2Nubs; 05-20-2019 at 08:12 AM.

I feel like a stroked and properly ported oem cylinder would be a fun ride. I personally like the oem cylinders with all the right mods, they are a blast.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links