Please help! Power delivery change?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help! Power delivery change?

Ok so I'm running my 86 R stock ported cylinder weisco 67.50mm piston hotrods crank (short rod) cylinder was decked Paul Turner 89 race pipe pc silencer boyesen rad valve cool head 20cc dome Reed spacer 38mm pj carb no airbox lid big uni filter I'm running klotz r50 32/1 with 50/50 110 and 90 ethonal free. I am setting up to race hare scrambles and my question is when shifting from gear to gear it doesn't hit as hard as I want it to do right then. I'm perfectly happy with the power it has tho when it hits. Real good running motor. But is this the result of the 38mm carb? I mean it doesn't bog it just kind of eases into the power band then hits real hard. What could I do to make the power a little harder the second you hit the throttle in the next gear? I am running OEM head gasket now. Have a cr head gasket but I'm afraid to run that. I would just do that and switch to straight 110 but I don't trust my knowledge of uccr to know if it will be ok or not? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

gearing
    86 253cc, 40pwk, CT OOF pipe.
    99 583 Formula Z
    74 340 TnT- in progress/restoration
    Owner, hellabrokeNH- coming soon.

a good pipe makes alot of the difference and a 38mm will give you more topend but hurt down low where you want it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

What's a good set up for gearing? I mean I don't want to be in 5th gear in the yard?

That Paul Turner 89 race pipe is a nice pipe don't you agree? It's a mx pipe. Had a Paul Turner type 6 low end pipe and it absolutely sucked. The mx pipe made better low and mid

Do you know anything about the cylinder porting, cause sound like its off just a bit from what you need to use. Another thing, how much compression does the engine have.
    Neil

Mine is 13 and 39 now what do you recommend I try?

13 39 is a small gearing.i usually run 14-36-38 but that will hurt you sometimes in the woods.compression porting and pipe needs to match.

Quote Originally Posted by american opel View Post
    13 39 is a small gearing.i usually run 14-36-38 but that will hurt you sometimes in the woods.compression porting and pipe needs to match.
    Agreed.
    86 253cc, 40pwk, CT OOF pipe.
    99 583 Formula Z
    74 340 TnT- in progress/restoration
    Owner, hellabrokeNH- coming soon.

I am not sure on the porting.it noticed it was ported when I did a rebuild. Comp is right around 185psi. This is with the brick of a OEM head gasket and 20cc dome. If I had small gearing wouldn't it be crazy snappy? It's pretty snappy down low but really comes to life early mid range

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links