Eddie sanders racing I am Less than happy at this point - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Eddie sanders racing I am Less than happy at this point

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05260.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	4.13 MB 
ID:	60527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05261.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.22 MB 
ID:	60529 In the first picture you can see the exhaust port is cut low, to low does not match up with the flange I will need to port the flange to match the jug. 2nd picture the dome you can see the spark plug threads look messed up however the plug screws in by hand without issue. 3rd picture the top of the dome, when I received the dome it was installed into the head dry so I am guessing that is what caused the small cut in the Oring. but I was surprised to see a coolant restrictor that I think is necessary. what I don't like abut the dome is that there is no numbers telling me the cc's just 330 and pum.

One of the things I dont like about the ESR kit (250r in general) to much unknow not enough interchangeability. best I can explain it is like this, lets say you are building a banshee then you simply buy this head, that jug(jugs), this piston, and that dome. in fact I can go to 421 cub and only need to buy pistons, jug and domes with the ESR kit you get a choice of 2 domes race or pump, that don't work for me. 90% of my riding is at 5000 ft ASL. one of the best things about interchangeable domes is
    interchangeability. when you go to 5000 ft thats a big loss on compression you really need to go to a smaller dome. that is why my bikes run better then most out here, they are all built for the high altitude. overall it is a good looking peice

to be continued
    Last edited by Mercury65; 03-24-2019 at 02:02 PM.

No the inside was the first pictures at the start of the post
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    these are not pic's of the inside of cylinder ?
    Last edited by Mercury65; 03-24-2019 at 01:01 PM.

The rest of the parts look great. i did not order the second exhaust flange or the case bolts those were free and when I made my first order I only ordered the reed cage and the exhaust flange and he sent me 11 extra orings that's awesome

Over all for the price you can't beet it I would say 4 out of 5 stars. if the ports would of had the chamfer this would be a bolt on kit. If you want the most out of it they need work but keep in mind as stated this is "port match 7" not fully ported by Eddie.

Shipping was sent out 2 days after each of my 2 orders (orders placed late in day) so that was good
    I do plan on contacting him on helping me with the dome size because 2 sizes fits all not going to work for me

I hope this post helps other in what to expect from ESR if you go through him directly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Yah I'd send it back and order a complete kit from site sponsor BDT! Carlos will set yah up.
    acecarlos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SandSlinger View Post
    Yah I'd send it back and order a complete kit from site sponsor BDT! Carlos will set yah up.
    I could but i would like to make a few points.

cost is one i am on a tight buget, with all the parts needed for this build the only reason i went BB is beacuse of low cost on the ESR

Performance. I know a bit about 2 strokes do I know what Eddie, Carlos, or Arlin know? no way! but I know something they don't. how I want the R to run so if I assemble this I am starting with a clean slate then once I ride it I will know more then any measuring tool in my tool box can tell me. from that point I will know exactly what I need to change as far as port and port timing goes now I could take it off send to carlos and say this is how it runs this is what I need. 5000 ft in sand stuff need to be right the motor, sand, tire all need to do what I want it to do not what someone thinks they know what I want it to do.
    Last edited by Mercury65; 03-24-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    acecarlos likes this.

WHAT ? why would you send it back its all there. i'd contact LED Arlen will help you. never heard 1 complaint ever from his work and his quality. research both company's and read the facts. good luck with your build

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    WHAT ? why would you send it back its all there. i'd contact LED Arlen will help you. never heard 1 complaint ever from his work and his quality. research both company's and read the facts. good luck with your build
    I was mad because my truck ticked me off when I wrote that, but It sounded like he'd have to dump more money into porting it to get it usable?

Mercury65:

Absolutely research all companies before making a commitment to purchase from any builder or manufacture. Ask around, look at whose engines and products are being used, who supports 250R's & racers nation wide; who is Winning....then the choice becomes much clearer.

Keeping to your topic & concern; I would keep trying to make contact with ESR, email seems to be the best option, you have way to much time & money invested to date to drop the expenditure and head in a new direction...it would totally 'kill' your budget. If after a reasonable amount of time and effort you still have no response & resolution; then you are going to have to make decisions on how to proceed, and determine what it will cost you....hate to say it, however; that's the reality.

Best of Luck, hope it works out...

Carlos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links