Identify transmission gears model year
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sameltoe

Thread: Identify transmission gears model year

  1. #1
    Junior Member Johnnyquidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11

    Identify transmission gears model year

    What is the best way for me to to tell what year (model) a set of transmission gears that has been removed from the cases was originally from ?
    Any help appreciated

  2. #2
    Senior Member matuus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    184
    u need owner manual 2 tell. get 1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member cmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyquidd View Post
    What is the best way for me to to tell what year (model) a set of transmission gears that has been removed from the cases was originally from ?
    Any help appreciated

    what are you exactly looking for i can look in my manuals if you were looking for something specific

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member sameltoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,807
    I believe 88 89 have a groove per say down the center.
    Xc Arens, Arsfx, ISF, Axis, ESR/BHP 363
    Duner Arens, LSR, Axis ESR/BHP 363
    Beware of the "big dog"

  6. #5
    Senior Member sameltoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by matuus View Post
    u need owner manual 2 tell. get 1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great info!
    douglas likes this.
    Xc Arens, Arsfx, ISF, Axis, ESR/BHP 363
    Duner Arens, LSR, Axis ESR/BHP 363
    Beware of the "big dog"

  7. #6
    Junior Member Johnnyquidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    I have encountered people have transmission gear sets / parts etc for sale and either if its on ebay etc may say 86 to 89 or say they do not know specific year. I had assumed at least 86 and 87-9 would have a visual difference / marking / or numbers if not each individual year.
    Do I need a Honda shop manual for this? Anyone direct me to a link?

  8. #7
    Senior Member acecarlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    12,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyquidd View Post
    I have encountered people have transmission gear sets / parts etc for sale and either if its on ebay etc may say 86 to 89 or say they do not know specific year. I had assumed at least 86 and 87-9 would have a visual difference / marking / or numbers if not each individual year.
    Do I need a Honda shop manual for this? Anyone direct me to a link?
    You can count the teeth on 5th & 6th gears to identify 85-87 vs 88-89, however; my advice is "Yes" get a Honda shop manual and note the difference. Or go/contact to a shop like BDT that knows the difference of every single 250R component & stocks every one of them; transmissions included.

    Carlos


 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •