Transmission gears yukon/ led / esr - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Transmission gears yukon/ led / esr

LED has all the gears except for 1st on the main shaft, its built onto the stock shaft.
    etccb and durbinmachine like this.
    (MX) TRX 363R 02- Laeger Narrow Frame/CR500 Link,Motowoz, Roll Design +4, RPM +4 axle, LED 363 +4 Stroker, 38 A/S carb,Rath Signature Series,CCP

(XC) TRX 370R 86- Stock frame(gusseted),No link rear, JD MGC +2 Arms, Motowoz shocks, RPM XC Axle, LED 370, 38 A/S carb, Rath Signature Series

well considering who started the thread and what they were trying to achieve i'd say well done to every one else

Transmission gears yukon/ led / esr

conclusion don’t need aftermarket gears. oem works good. buy bilet gears u want to spend xtra $. how many broke oem gears? i dont know any locally. any posters broke oem? dont think any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by matuus; 01-11-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    douglas likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

I have seen a few busted stock tranny's. I have both a Yukon trans and a cryoed one. Both are holding up. Pete at hybrid had mine cryoed.
    douglas likes this.
    Surgeon General's Warning:
    Big Dog Turds are bad for your health and will ruin your r
    Found to be a carcinogen by the state of California.

Quote Originally Posted by american opel View Post
    most gear failure is 2nd to to faulse netural and people banging unler heavy load into 2nd.

Makes sense.
    86 253cc, 40pwk, CT OOF pipe.
    99 583 Formula Z
    74 340 TnT- in progress/restoration
    Owner, hellabrokeNH- coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailBurner View Post
    How often have OEM gears failed... ?
    Usually you see pitting.
    When I ever get to my trans rebuild, I would like to remove 5-6th, I dont use them. Is the process a PITA ?
    To be clear, and dispel the fake posters who think they know it all; BDT stocks and sells the very same Billet Gear sets mentioned & sold by two other suppliers listed above...all three of us (BDT included) purchase the gear sets from the same single source. Therefore I have no skin in not wanting to sell Billet gears, in reality if you want to spend $625 or $750 or for the combined set $1375...BDT has them in stock waiting for you.

Very few if any OEM gears break or fail, specially on engines <370CC. However; even on BB engines well over 500CC...Pumas at 431CC & Saber's at >500CC have been running OEM gears for years built by numerous builders with little or no transmission failures. The advent of Billet Gears started with Yukon's years ago, as soon as the Yukon supply ran out, a couple of other manufactures stepped up with aftermarket Billet Gears.

The Billet gear sets are very nice, good looking gears, well made....the question is are they really needed? The answer IMO is a resounding NO. Good OEM CryO'd gears sets are every bit as good, at BDT we internally Magnaflux all OEM gear Sets and send out for CryO...I have not seen an OEM CryO'd BDT gear set failure in years.

Carlos
    TrailBurner likes this.

what fake posters ? others giving there opinions that's all. facts other enthusiests have here own experiences and are giving free information. you are not the only sorce of information so you don't have to push others into the ground.
    thank you

start with me. all u ever have to say is bad towards me. or u saying my experiences dont matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links