ESR CEO Cylinder kits - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ESR CEO Cylinder kits

A few ppl have seen the CEO run in person and they say it's screams.
    etccb likes this.

For discussion purposes what are the major difference between the CEO cylinders and ESR conventional cylinders?
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike View Post
    For discussion purposes what are the major difference between the CEO cylinders and ESR conventional cylinders?
    I can only relate what Eddie said in his description. The main difference is that the piston is dished (instead of domed) and the cylinder head is flat. There may be differences in port angles, etc., but he didn't mention that. It's supposed to improve the cylinder's ability to "capture" the air-fuel mixture when you're off the pipe so it doesn't bleed out of the exhaust port (making for worse emissions). That means it will have more power when you're off the pipe, and when you're on the pipe the exhaust stuffing will be even more efficient.
    Last edited by christph7; 02-20-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    1982 ATC 250R
    1984 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250R
    1988 TRX 250R
    1989 TRX 250R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

If it all works as stated, that how this cylinder set up is suppose to work, then theres going to be the need of a new designed pipe specially for it.
    If by just the design of the piston crown, or lack of, it will trap the incoming transfer flow in the cylinder, then what about the function of the suction wave of the pipe, as the piston is just about at BDC, to pull up in left behind flow after all the pressure in the bottom end has been depleted,
    Next if none of the transfer flow into the cylinder, has been pulled out into the pipe from the suction wave, then what is the need for a returning wave built into the design of the pipe.

Carlos,
    I think it would help some, if Kenny could be convinced, to come on here & enlighten us just a little about the issues this new cylinder may bring to the market. Maybe there will not be any issues & my understanding of a pipes function is all wrong, if so, then I can stand corrected.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    1 pea in a pod likes another pea in a pod. Ugh...…………………………….
    lmao!

GlasRoc,
    lets stay on topic now, no need to add any more distraction.
    This goes for anyone else also.
    Neil
    huntertools and acecarlos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Leigh Racing View Post
    If it all works as stated, that how this cylinder set up is suppose to work, then theres going to be the need of a new designed pipe specially for it.
    If by just the design of the piston crown, or lack of, it will trap the incoming transfer flow in the cylinder, then what about the function of the suction wave of the pipe, as the piston is just about at BDC, to pull up in left behind flow after all the pressure in the bottom end has been depleted,
    Next if none of the transfer flow into the cylinder, has been pulled out into the pipe from the suction wave, then what is the need for a returning wave built into the design of the pipe.

Carlos,
    I think it would help some, if Kenny could be convinced, to come on here & enlighten us just a little about the issues this new cylinder may bring to the market. Maybe there will not be any issues & my understanding of a pipes function is all wrong, if so, then I can stand corrected.
    Neil
    I don't think it's meant to keep all the charge in the cylinder, just more than normal... hence the claimed power increase " off the pipe " if you will.

I was going to do a puma but I think this 370ceo will be my next purchase, should beat some banshees!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Leigh Racing View Post

Carlos,
    Neil
    Looking forward to receiving, building the complete engines and testing them soon. By soon I mean 8-9 weeks as we are extremely busy, and these will go on the BDT Dyno. BDT has two customer orders for the CEO...first CEO is to arrive at BDT in 2 weeks give or take, this is the ship schedule we have been given for the CEO.

Once on the BDT Dyno, I will know right away what we are dealing with HP & TrQ wise, power curve, and what it's going to take to get the most out of the CEO. I will be comparing the ECO vs all engine builds, since we have solid-good data on just about everything made, we will know how good they are or not....I am optimistic they will be better, or at least I hope they will be.

For those questioning BDT's Dyno testing, note it is in BDT's best interest to truly see the performance capability of the CEO vs other cylinders, and to get the most performance out of the CEO, if that means developing a new IGN setup, Timing, Porting or Pipe Designs...then that's what BDT will do.

Carlos
    BDT WURKS RACING....WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM ON EBAY TRY 250RTRIKES...OR CALL 909-466-9152...BDT IS THE HOME OF THE 250R....LARGEST NEW AND USED PARTS INVENTORY IN STOCK...."SIMPLY THE BEST"

Can't wait to see some feedback from CEO owners. Thank you to Mr. Sanders for continuing to build new things for the old R.

C-Leigh, there is also a CEO pipe that is specifically designed for this top end. It's a big girl too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links