ESR CEO Cylinder kits - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ESR CEO Cylinder kits

I commend any manufacture that makes an effort to develop new products for 2 strokes, and specially 250R's. All the Best moving forward....!

As far as innovative; I am sure their is more to the concept than a "concave" piston, nothing new, actually old prior art. Possibly it's a combination of new components that a Provisional Patent has been initiated for, no IP will be granted for just a "concave" piston design along with a semi-flat or modified dome.

The number listed, is actually NOT a Patent Pending Number, it's the internal Law Firm number for the initiated IP file...plus; it would not benefit anyone to post the actual Patent Pending or Provisional Number, why?...by initiating a Provisional Patent, it gives the developer a minimum of 12 months to determine if a Patent is a viable option, if it is then a formal Patent will be submitted, if it is not; then the Legal expenses to date are minimal.

As far as "in case some slimeball lowlife con artist crook goes trying to rip him off"; that's why a Provisional Patent needs to be applied for, and determination made as to "prior art", 'innovation', and 'uniqueness'....if it's truly new & innovative it will be a 'strong' patent, if not, then it will not be...."slimeball" or not.

Let's give it time and see what develops....

Carlos
    matuus likes this.
    BDT WURKS RACING....WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM ON EBAY TRY 250RTRIKES...OR CALL 909-466-9152...BDT IS THE HOME OF THE 250R....LARGEST NEW AND USED PARTS INVENTORY IN STOCK...."SIMPLY THE BEST"

Xc Arens, Arsfx, ISF, Axis, ESR/BHP 363
    Duner Arens, LSR, Axis ESR/BHP 363
    Beware of the "big dog"

1 pea in a pod likes another pea in a pod. ugh...…………………………….

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Repost from below
    Last edited by Big_Mike; 12-29-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

Douglas will you please stop instigating and making snide remarks on literary every single post Carlos makes. This is a warning I’ve asked you nicely numerous times in the past and I have been respectful and cordial with you but enough is enough already.
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

would be nice mike. tired of the bs from the same 2-3. if bdt carlos walked on water-haters say because he cant swim. geeeezzzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a new casting as well. E2? You can see that the area around the power valve is raised making it level to the power valve base. There is some very interesting stuff going on with this. Props to ESR for continuing to reinvest into the 250R's future and into 2 stroke performance. This type of big change in what has been available before took some serious commitment and investment of time and money to develop what was going on in his head. Huge props, a big Thank You and if this ends up like what it seems a congratulations.
    Last edited by etccb; 01-03-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Big_Mike likes this.

Senior Member FerrinMotorsports's Avatar
    There is also more stuff to come from ESR....That's part of the reason he has been so hard to get a hold of lately....
    douglas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrinMotorsports View Post
    There is also more stuff to come from ESR....That's part of the reason he has been so hard to get a hold of lately....
    The reason he has been hard to get a hold of is because he is moving out of cali. I don't have face book but if you go to his FB page you can see his post about it. I just spoke with him today wants me to run the CEO kit, but it is race fuel only and I don't think I want to deal with the race fuel issue (cost and hard to find around here at times) I came on this site to see if anyone has ran the new CEO yet. if so please chime in. the place I ride(5000 feet ASL) I am sure I could get by with a 50/50 or even 2 to 3 mix I will talk to him more about the domes and stuff before I pull the trigger and I will post back what I learn.
    sameltoe likes this.

I'm interested in this kit too--just learned about it a few weeks ago. I would like to see dyno comparisons between identical engines, one with the CEO cylinder and the other the traditional design. To my mind, it doesn't seem like dishing the piston instead of the dome would make a difference. I guess the theory is that it does a better job of capturing the air-fuel charge. Savaging is also important, though, so I guess it's more efficient at that too. I'm for anything that's proven to work. I'm sure Eddie knows what he's doing and appreciate what he does for the R community.
    douglas and etccb like this.
    1982 ATC 250R
    1984 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250R
    1988 TRX 250R
    1989 TRX 250R

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links