Honda TRX250R Forums banner

A Hybrid Question

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  J51S 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have a question, I boght a 250R frame last year that was profesionaly modified to accept the trx450r motor. The work on it is great and my question before I get it gusseted and pc'd is the angle of the motor. It doesnt sit AS straight as a normal 450R's motor. I'm just wondering if having the motor angled forward slightly would put any more stress on the motor or does it look ok?? Everything seems to be spaced great, tank carb, even the 250r kicker lines up to the cut out in the plastic. Guy who had it said it was a flattrack bike before he bought it that performed very well.

Or if I'd have to add + - oil to accomidate. Any opinions welcome.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
motor forward slightly shouldnt hurt anything

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! "fordtech" I will be running a 450R rear setup and the sprockets line up perfectly."Chopp124" I limited wheel travel a little using a full adjustable 400ex rear shock (ultracross). "tingley596" ya no prob get some out to you tomorrow.

Just wanted to make sure on the motor because I will be mildly building that soon. See how this thing does in the mx series this year.

#8 ·
I mean if your talking about switching from the 2stroke and 4stroke motor, I don't think thats possible. This frame had the whole bottom frame rails removed, with a new kit welded in slightly lower. The rear motor mount is an inch forward than the swinger hole so the motor can clear the oem lower cross member. Its much easier to do a crf swap to an R frame. I just happen to come across this and it was perfect swap from my 450r/400ex hybrid.

tingly596 heres a beter shot of the mounted and what needs to be done to frame. Thsi is when I had all the gussets taped in place for the welder to look at.

Attachments

#9 ·
so what is going on right in front of the nerf mounts up front? it looks like the bottom is stepped and not a smooth curve up? i understand the engine mounts and lowering the lower frame rails, just puzzled on whats happening up front lol.

#12 ·
interesting. i wasnt gonna say it but i have a stock 250r frame my buddy did and i bought. they basicall split the upper frame rails and the motor comes through them but raised the tank a little. kept the seat hight same and factory airbox. they used a crf motor though idk realy the difference. im new to crf. walsh made mounts to go back and forth from crf to two stroke. it can be done as long as your frame is a crf. i cant remember where i saw them maybe exriders?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.