Twist throttles? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Twist throttles?

To the OP:

As I stated in an earlier post: "I recommend MotionPro Cables & Kit's. They will custom make throttle cables to any length for Twist or Thumb throttle" and "To save time, costs and insure you get the proper cable for your carburetor model & year; call & order from a source that stocks all cables, extended included, as well as all carburetors. This insures you get what you need at the lowest cost & quickest delivery"....

Anyway; call Motion Pro First; BDT is a distributor for them anyways, then if you still need assistance you know who to call.

Carlos
    american opel likes this.

I just spoke to motion pro the other day and I was quoted $125-150 to make a custom cable that they draw up and send you specs to approve,they had another option that was $65 but they go off of your measurements and sketch but they don’t guarantee fitment with that option..so if your measurements are off it’s on you..

The extended MP (Motion Pro) cables in stock are purchased in bulk from MP by BDT Motorsports, therefore; it allows BDT (as well as any other distributor stocking MP custom cables) to pass along a much lower price than the $125-$150 MP normally charges for custom made Length cables.

By much lower I mean Less Than and under Half the Motion Pro Price....<$62 for +2" MP Cable at BDT-M, or any other stocking distributor...

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 01-18-2020 at 06:05 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by american opel View Post
    shut up and get a life.he said motion pro and if you cant find the right one or need help finding one he would help and also has them in stock.then he said if not bdt call aother supplyer and make sure they have the proper info so he gets the right cable.
    thats a sales pitch right there

Stock stem, mp twist to pwk is a cable length of ~ 40". Here is a +2” cable going to motion pro twist to pwk. $20 from mp, might find it cheaper from a parts warehouse.

https://www.motionpro.com/product/01-0227

Best regards
    -Jason
    scrappy and douglas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    thats a sales pitch right there
    Grow up...!

Offering help, advice and options is not a sales pitch. I edited & added "or any other stocking distributor" for the 'jealousy' challenged. I guess you rather 250R enthusiasts not have Options, or a cost effective solution for custom cables, or pay the $125-$150 price instead....that is still a real option

Real logical thinking...NOT

Carlos

MP # 01-0227 is not Long enough for a Plus 2" Stem...neither are the #01-0604 or #01-0807...ignore the 42" as it means little.

The OP can buy it and see for himself...

Carlos

Do all these post turn into bitch fests?? Wow! Anyways...thanks Jason! That’s the info I’m looking for.
    american opel likes this.

You won't find this on .org because Carlos isn't allowed over there. This site should be renamed AskCarlos.com. Obviously he is the only person that knows anything
    douglas likes this.
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    You won't find this on .org because Carlos isn't allowed over there. This site should be renamed AskCarlos.com. Obviously he is the only person that knows anything
    yeah with a bunch of fools...if you like it soo much stay off .net the first and only true 250r site.
    acecarlos likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links