Best stuff to clean seat
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member mzunno2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    12

    Best stuff to clean seat

    Whats everyone use to clean and preserve the seat? Looking to clean mine up a bit and soften the material a bit. Thanks !!

  2. #2
    Senior Member acecarlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    12,419
    Try "Rejuvenate Leather & Vinyl Cleaner", or "Meguiars", "303"...just about any 'gentle' cleaner to start with.

    Carlos

  3. #3
    Junior Member mzunno2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    Try "Rejuvenate Leather & Vinyl Cleaner", or "Meguiars", "303"...just about any 'gentle' cleaner to start with.

    Carlos

    ok will do, thanks for the feedback

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member F-Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    FLA.
    Posts
    457
    The 303 brand stuff is really good.

  6. #5
    Junior Member mzunno2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    12
    I got some Autozone meguiars vinyl cleaner and it cleaned it pretty well but not good enough. I'm going to give the 303 a shot. Thanks !!

  7. #6
    Senior Member acecarlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    12,419
    Quote Originally Posted by mzunno2 View Post
    I got some Autozone meguiars vinyl cleaner and it cleaned it pretty well but not good enough. I'm going to give the 303 a shot. Thanks !!
    As a very last resort, only if the listed cleaners don't work; get 100% Alkaline Cleaner Concentration (ACC), dilute 1 part to 10 parts with water, and wipe down clean, rinse well immediately with water. Keep upping the ACC as needed to remove all stains. Be cautious with the ACC, it will clean everything to new, it can also destroy your seat if you leave it on for long periods of time, rinse, rinse, and rinse.

    Carlos

  8. #7
    Junior Member mzunno2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    As a very last resort, only if the listed cleaners don't work; get 100% Alkaline Cleaner Concentration (ACC), dilute 1 part to 10 parts with water, and wipe down clean, rinse well immediately with water. Keep upping the ACC as needed to remove all stains. Be cautious with the ACC, it will clean everything to new, it can also destroy your seat if you leave it on for long periods of time, rinse, rinse, and rinse.

    Carlos
    ok great thanks. Ill give that a shot if nothing else works. Any input on how to remove spider webbing/ crows feet from my plastics ??

  9. #8
    Senior Member acecarlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    12,419
    Quote Originally Posted by mzunno2 View Post
    ok great thanks. Ill give that a shot if nothing else works. Any input on how to remove spider webbing/ crows feet from my plastics ??
    Hard to remove....try Ultimate Compound, SwirlX, and ScratcX 2.0.

    Other advice is try wet sanding from course to as fine as possible with emery cloth, then follow through with polishing/lapping compounds. Their are folks that have mastered the 'art' of making old-worn out plastics look like new, I am not one of them, just don't have the time. However; search around, you will find a source or two that can rejuvenate your 250R plastics to like new.

    Carlos

  10. #9
    Junior Member mzunno2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    12
    Ill give that a shot. Thanks for the help. Great info !!


 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •