Team BDT @ Unadila NY & Ashtabula Pine Lake NEEDT Trike Nationals july 2016
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Team BDT @ Unadila NY & Ashtabula Pine Lake NEEDT Trike Nationals july 2016

Team BDT @ Unadila NY & Ashtabula Pine Lake NEEDT Trike Nationals july 2016

For some reason I can’t post pictures or videos, a shame since we have quite a few from Unadilla NY & Pine Lake, Ashtabula NEEDT Trike Nationals July 2016. Got to spend a few minutes with Neil, and a lot of great folks, both ATC250R & TRX250R owners….

To start Tanner Pies drove the trailer into Unadilla New York and pulled off a second place finish in the Trike Open class on his little BDT261CC beating quite a few BB strokes and only a bit behind the winning ATC330/+4MM stroker ridden by one of the "best" Jacob Hall….Tanner is 17 years old and drove all the way to NY to race for the first time, besides his awesome second place finish on a track he has never run on before, he also was the first Trike Racer to clear the "sky high" jump pulling both feet of the pegs, simply awesome Tanner Pies...! We can’t wait till 2017.

Once into PineLake Ashtabula, Team BDT had a great showing in all classes. Dwight Jeckel piloting the BDT-Selvy 200R won his semis. Once in the Main he pulled the hole shot, was in second and hunting down the leader when he tangled with another rider half way through, Dwight got up, restarted the little 200R and finished the main…the fall looked bad, however; Dwight made it look like it was no big deal.

The 250CC class was for the 3rd year in a row won by a BDT 261CC engine; David Ham got the Hole shot in every race including the Main. Tanner Pies took the lead and never looked back on another Main Win for Tanner. Tanner won the 2015 250CC class and now again in 2017; not bad for a 17 old kid; Tanner is a real talent and one to watch in the near future.

The Open class was a show of 2 strokes vs 450CC plus 4 strokes. Jason Hall won the Open class on board a Kawasaki 450 Trike. Tanner Pies finished a strong second on his BDT261CC, Followed by Darryle Stephenson on a BDT310, and Dwight Jeckel & Dave Ham both on BDT363 power houses…Dwight also got the hole shot .

In the Open Main, the Top 5 finishers consisted of one 450 4 stroke (J. Hall) and 4 BDT engines ranging from 261CC, 310CC and 363CC…a great showing for BDT Racing vs all other 450’s and 2 strokes built by other builders. Unadilla & Ashtabula 2017 is on the table for Team BDT; God willing we will make the trip once again.

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 09-10-2016 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Corrected error to winning ATC330/+4MM stroker ridden by one of the "best" Jacob Hall
    250rivan and Arturo58 like this.

Oh wow, they brought back the 200 class
    Might as well smoke... SMOKE!

Tanner and I tied for 2nd place points , the winner was a 250r and Tanner didn't clear skyshot til Sunday morning practice . Jacob jumped it Saturday and in 2014 for the first time . Thought I would clear up a few things. He was very competitive tho. I had both holeshots and went 2-3 in both motos

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the details, yes the winnig Trike at Unadila was a ATC330 +4MM from what I have been told, and the 3rd place was a ATC350R; Tanner was on an ATC261CC...here are a few more details;

Tanner had never been on the Unadila track before, unlike the winner, you and almost everyone else entered who have raced at Unadila on a regular basis. I would not expect Tanner to clear the "skyshot' until he had a little time on the track...on Sunday he did comfortably..."pulling both feet of the pegs"; as far as I know to date he is the only Trike racer to have accomplished the 'no feet' skyshot feat....LOL

I would agree Tanner was "very competitive" on his BDT ATC261CC; he is a big kid at 6'3" and 270 lbs, a hell of a rider and IMO the "Best" current Trike racer in the country along with the winner Jacob Hall. I do want to emphasize all entries in Unadila & Pine Lake/Ashtabula deserve well earned “congratulations”…a lot of very good riders showing everyone how to race Trikes.

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 09-10-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Yeah he is very nimble on his trike for his size . I broke my rear shock spring while leading 2nd moto and wondered why I got tired and fell to 3rd. No excuses, Tanner was much stronger in moto 2 and would have been a good battle. He couldn't believe how fast I am at 41 and I couldn't believe how nimble he is for his size! I look forward to racing him again next year!

Well when you weigh in at 135 lbs like you do; you will always be fast on a Trike... Try adding an extra 135 lbs to your Trike and let's see how fast you really are...LOL

Tanner loved racing Unadila & Ashtabula. Next year should be a lot of fun; I know we are all looking forward to 2017

PS: Great racing...!

Carlos

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Check out the link above by Tom Hylok "Going Big"; it's a bird, it's a plane...no it's Tanner Pies.

At 270lbs x 6' 3" Tanner at 17 years old is making it look easy. One reason why Tanner is the "Best"...LOL

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 10-02-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    american opel likes this.

Could being big on a trike actually help since weight placement is so very important? Perhaps putting all that weight where it belongs helps negate the normally bad behavior of a trike?
    Might as well smoke... SMOKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Slither View Post
    Could being big on a trike actually help since weight placement is so very important? Perhaps putting all that weight where it belongs helps negate the normally bad behavior of a trike?
    Tanner muscles the Trike around….agreed that being strong helps.

Back in the day, most of the top riders weighed in <150lbs…being light helps a lot to get out of the starting gate quick, as well as going into and out of corners (deceleration & acceleration), jumps, ect…

The old maxim is each 10 lbs of added weight equals 1 HP. Tanner levels the scale at 270lbs. Verses say a rider at 135lbs that is 13HP to carry the extra 135lbs. This makes Tanner’s 2nd place at Unadila showing & multiple wins at Ashtabula even more impressive and a tribute to Tanner’s raw talent.

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 10-07-2016 at 05:04 PM.

I'm 285 and my TRX and CR make me feel like I'm 175lbs!
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links