Final Stages Of My BDT Built CR500 Motor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Final Stages Of My BDT Built CR500 Motor

Final Stages Of My BDT Built CR500 Motor

As some of you may know I purchased a 1993 CR 500R back in February. The bike itself is in great condition is rate it a 8 out of 10. It had 1 rebuild on it I found out from Carlos's measurements and it came with a Pro Circuit pipe and silencer. It was my every intention of having the motor rebuilt prior to even buying a CR500. So I sent the motor to BDT for a complete bottom up rebuild with ALL OEM parts, every bearing, every seal every gasket plus BDT's pro port and polish, straight race gas high compression, 41mm pwk Boyesen rad valve, FMF Fatty for now (wurks pipe in the future) brand new OEM clutch, springs, Hinson clutch basket, brand new old stock kick lever and Boyesen Racing clutch and ignition covers. EVERYTHING powder coated black! Some pics of the final stages of the build. What kind of HP and TQ numbers do you think for those in the know? Never dealt with 500's before but everyone is telling me I have a death wish!

1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

Absolute gorgoeus motor. Couldn't be nicer. I love it Mike. Great choice of parts. I'm drooling right now. Lol

Really looks nice. Good job!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Sweet!!!!!
    1988 TRX ESR 350 PV +4 STROKER (363)RACE DOME* ESR TRX9 PORT AND TRX5 "B" PIPE & SILENCER*38mm APT SMARTCARB*OPEN LID STOCK AIRBOX*V-FORCE 3 REEDS*CR500/400EX CLUTCH MOD*ESR BILLET KICKSTARTER,SHIFTER,BRAKE LEVER,TEMP GAUGE*GPI RADIATOR & HOSES*LSR +2 A-ARMS*LSR STEERING STEM & CLAMP*LSR CARRIER & AXCALIBER AXLE*ITP SS112 RIMS WRAPPED WITH RAZR 2'S*TRIPLE RATE WORKS FRONT SHOCKS W/REZ*AC RACING NERFS*DG FRONT BUMPER*FIREBLADE CUSTOM GRAPHICS*HC CAMO CUSTOM SEAT COVER*LED TAILLIGHT

that's a stump puller.
    Robsessed88 likes this.

Nothing against the stock chassis, but if a motor ever deserved the AF upgrade, THAT is it. Have you ever considered it? You can pick up a CRF roller rather cheap and it's not too expensive to modify it for the motor.

SELVYSATC likes this.

holy crap batman

That's a work of art a 500 in a light 250 crf aluminum frame. However I'm not a motocross rider, my big ass won't see air on my quads or dirtbike, I just fly through the woods and trails! I'm all about the steelie frame, particularly the 1993-1997's the geometry and the rake were spot on, I understand Honda had perfected the CR500 these years.. Once I get the motor back I'm having the forks and rear shock rebuilt, new rear tire, chain and sprockets and that's it I'm done! It will be more than I can probably handle as it is!!!! 8)
    american opel likes this.
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

Your right lots of people do the CRF swap and hate it. I rode a few older crf swaps including a service Honda and was not impressed.

The steely frame is actually very good, in turning, and the radiator's are tucked in way more. The forks and shock really need work on the older units, even on the later 98 and newer suspention they need some love.

The 02 to 07 cr250r is actually a better swap than most of the 05-2012 crf's. Most seem to like the new 13-16 crf frames though.

Not sure about a death wish motor build. Maybe once you start cutting out the exhaust bridge and running a dynoport pipe, then you should think about upping your life insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike View Post
    That's a work of art a 500 in a light 250 crf aluminum frame. However I'm not a motocross rider, my big ass won't see air on my quads or dirtbike, I just fly through the woods and trails! I'm all about the steelie frame, particularly the 1993-1997's the geometry and the rake were spot on, I understand Honda had perfected the CR500 these years.. Once I get the motor back I'm having the forks and rear shock rebuilt, new rear tire, chain and sprockets and that's it I'm done! It will be more than I can probably handle as it is!!!! 8)
    I understand Mike. If you were to check out more videos on groutaone's channel (the guy who built the CR500AF in that video), you'd see that he mostly tears up the field behind his house and rarely jumps at all. But I get your point. If you enjoy the natural steel frame build, that's awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of this come together!
    Robsessed88 and dham like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links