Bdt wurks intake system atc & trx250r - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bdt wurks intake system atc & trx250r

Led intakes for $225.00 are all stainless, so they can be easily polished. With more competition now maybe someone will step up and make something bad ass with a air box.
    It goes fast over bumps too

Lol at this thread.
    goonmx22 likes this.
    86' TRX310R...Thats all you need to know

Resident pipe whore of TRX250R.net

http://a476.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...c6698f41f3.gif

-Brett-

I ran this new intake last weekend at lake Elsinore. It got me a holeshot and a win in my heat race and a win in the main. The 1st thing you notice is the bike runs a little more crispier and you will need to slightly fatten things up.

In a nutshell, I liked it and noticed a difference.
    dham likes this.
    Pink Power Wheels Barbie quad with sheet metal screws in the tires

Schwinn sting ray with coaster brakes

1985 Crash and Burn endo champ

Briggs and Stratton mini bike with Dinty More stew can exhaust

Bailing wire tech school grad Magnum Come Loudly

Paper or plastic?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

That Intake would lower Intake velocity usually that means less throttle response, when we raced snowmobiles we would put bigger carbs on a smaller engine and we would loose throttle response due to Intake velocity going down but the top end would be better with the extra fuel/air which Is ok for drag racing. I could see a larger bigbore like a saber benefiting from a large Intake like that but I bet the throttle response will change with It Installed. I think Carlos needs to tone it down a bit, Its ok to sell your products but he needs to be a little more respectful of others. I think if he deflates his ego a little it would go a long way,
    dem3500 likes this.

The nelson ones are only single chromed not triple chromed.

What's next Wurk's pegs and kicker? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bholzgen View Post
    Carlos you are really good at copying other peoples designs! First it was Nelson's exhaust hangars, now its LED's intake? Wow...
    I dont understand the fuck are you talking about... there isnt 10 way to make a fucking intake sheet metal... YES they may look the same if you dont look close.... .. . . . copying ? no. more like that he cant just make one with pure gold sheet and wobly twist xd... its a fucking almost straight cone made with 10 buck sheet metal welded together... of course they gonna look similar...

now if carlos is making similar part, well why not,,,, that will bring the cost down , i mean there is like 100 brand of aftermarket pipe and lot look same design... aint noone bashing after fmf ?.... the more producer we have the more choice and low price we get !
    Last edited by jimcarrier; 01-26-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    dham likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huskydave View Post
    The nelson ones are only single chromed not triple chromed.
    I don't believe they are chromed at all.
    Xc Arens, Arsfx, ISF, Axis, ESR/BHP 363
    Duner Arens, LSR, Axis ESR/BHP 363
    Beware of the "big dog"

BDT WURKS Intake system:

The BDT WURKS intake is a 'trumpet' curvature design, with varying curveture and NOT a series of straight sectioned cones welded together resulting in multiple' choppy' sections. Just like our BDT WURKS pipes, variable curvatures, fusion welded (no welding rod used) yield increased performance over 'choppy' or straight sectioned designs.

Why? Just like ANY 'trumpet' type musical instrument, smooth variable or progressive curvatures (with NO welding rod 'slag') create the least amount of turbulance, and increase resonance with less loss of energy....ie; improved flow. A quick example is velocity intakes, carburetor bell shapes, airflow orificies, ect....all are made up from smooth curvatures, and not straight 'choppy' sections.

I stand behind my original post & observation that straight sectioned taper 'choppy' designs do not yield the results expected, and straight tube intakes, under 5 degrees offer better performance. This is NOT the case for smooth variable curvature intakes like the BDT WURKS Intake.

For our 250R application, smooth variable curvature intakes equate to increased flow, reduced intake turbulance and an overall performance gain across the complete power curve Innovative? NO....high performance Racingengines have been using variable curved intakes long before any Quad, Motorcycle or ATC ever hit the market, this is nothing new. Quite a few manufactures offer curved intake systems for all types of motorsport applications....What we did at BDT is take proven wave, airflow and fluid engineering combined with our BDT WURKS pipe technology, and Dyno time to develop a superior intake system.

To recap the advantages of the BDT WURKS Intake system:

'Trumpet' variable curvature design; superior resonance & wave speed

Tuned Length for each application (Woods, MX, TT, Duner, ect...)

Fusion Welded; NO welding rod used, smooth internal curvature with minimal turbulance

Increased flow over 'choppy' or straight sectioned designs

Thinner Guage Steel; 33% lighter weight than competative Stainless or Steel designs

One design size fits both ATC & TRX 250R 85-89 models Fits with Center Mount Pipe and Standard Mount Designs

Available in Triple Chrome, Semi-Gloss Black, and Raw

Genuine K&N Airfilter...NO cheap inport imitations

Hand Made in the USA at BDT by Kenny Roberts

Over time designs evolve, new ideas emerge and a new & "better mouse trap" is developed. In the future we will see improvents made in all facets of motorsports by different manufactures, intakes included. For now the BDT WURKS Intake system is an excellent option for MX, Duner, TT, Woods (dry conditions only), and the 'Weekend Warrior'....for true Drag applications, BDT offers our straight tube designs as well.

Carlos
    dham likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links