250R Ignition System Options at BDT Motorsports - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 250R Ignition System Options at BDT Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    i'm realy surprised with today's technoligy that no one has been able to make a quality lighted cr250r ingition system
    With todays technology you would think there would be a way to program the ignition any way you want with a computer like power commander does for road bikes. But I guess creating new technology for atv's that are no longer made and are only built theres probably not enough money in it to make the investment worth while.
    1988 TRX ESR 350 PV +4 STROKER (363)RACE DOME* ESR TRX9 PORT AND TRX5 "B" PIPE & SILENCER*38mm APT SMARTCARB*OPEN LID STOCK AIRBOX*V-FORCE 3 REEDS*CR500/400EX CLUTCH MOD*ESR BILLET KICKSTARTER,SHIFTER,BRAKE LEVER,TEMP GAUGE*GPI RADIATOR & HOSES*LSR +2 A-ARMS*LSR STEERING STEM & CLAMP*LSR CARRIER & AXCALIBER AXLE*ITP SS112 RIMS WRAPPED WITH RAZR 2'S*TRIPLE RATE WORKS FRONT SHOCKS W/REZ*AC RACING NERFS*DG FRONT BUMPER*FIREBLADE CUSTOM GRAPHICS*HC CAMO CUSTOM SEAT COVER*LED TAILLIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    i'm realy surprised with today's technoligy that no one has been able to make a quality lighted cr250r ingition system
    x2...the technology exists, and is not dificult. The limiting factor in getting these made in the USA or Japan is the limited quantity, with low volume the prices go way up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    With todays technology you would think there would be a way to program the ignition any way you want with a computer like power commander does for road bikes. But I guess creating new technology for atv's that are no longer made and are only built theres probably not enough money in it to make the investment worth while.
    You can already purchase Vortex and MSD programable CDI's, + a few other brands of excellent quality made in Europe, the US or Japan. The issue is cost; if folks think the CR250R OEM IGN is expensive, try adding an MSD or Vortex unit + battery.

The units made in China or Taiwan are low cost, however; very poor quality...I guess you get what you pay for.

Carlos
    The Phantom and QSG250r like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links