Gold Valve Emulator install

Gold Valve Emulator install

Does anyone have experience installing Gold Valve Emulators on their ATC? I’m just wondering if it’s a job for a suspension expert or is someone who is able to do a fork rebuild able to install the emulators? I need a rebuild and would like to do both myself very soon.

Yes--it's easy. They just sit on top of the damping rod. So, you just need to put your machine on a lift to take the weight off the forks, remove the fork springs, and set the emulator on top of the rod. It can be a little challenging to set it upright because its so far down in the fork tube, but a telescoping wand with a magnet or grabber on the end works. Then you insert the springs on top of the emulator.

Oh, I almost forgot. You do have to disassemble the entire fork first in order to drill holes in the damping rod. There are already holes in it but you need to make them larger. If you don't, the existing holes still control the flow of oil rather than the emulator. The instructions for where to drill and how large to make them come with the emulator.
    Last edited by christph7; 05-06-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    1982 ATC 250R
    1984 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250R
    1988 TRX 250R
    1989 TRX 250R

If you need further info, contact Factory Connection, Terry is typically decent. Tell him referred from former DMR Industries employee. He'll help you out.
    86 253cc, 40pwk, CT OOF pipe.
    99 583 Formula Z
    74 340 TnT- in progress/restoration
    Owner, hellabrokeNH- coming soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Perfect, thanks! Been wanting to do it but couldn’t find any install info anywhere. I have the rear set up nice now and did progressive springs in the forks last time I changed the seals but since the emulators aren’t outrageously expensive, I figured that would be the next thing to do while I have things apart.

works or not?. i ask as my experience is no difference. honest question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works? The shock?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links