Inverted forks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inverted forks

Inverted forks

I have a 86 ATC250r, I’m apart of the wonderful group Florida ATC Syndicate. We do mostly MX racing at a variety of tracks. Well my stock forks & spring set up isn’t up to par to the newer Crf450 or Cr250r or Crf250 forks. A lot of guys have switched to this set up. It includes the shortening of the 450 tubes & bolt & hub along with new triples. I have one friend who runs a 04 KTM85sx front end which doesn’t require the shortening of tubes, just the hub & bolt along with triples. I’m interested in getting the conversion done but don’t know which set up would be best & better affordable. Also is it necessary to compete, because you can have all the power in the motor but it doesn’t matter if it’s not transferred to the ground! Thanks

Have you considered re-valving & new springs on your front ATC250R forks? A lot can be done with the OEM Forks first. BDT Motorsports has done a few Conversions using CRF, YZ as well as other inverted forks for ATC250R's, however; not all users end up thinking the switch to inverts was worth the effort or cost. For technically challenging MX tracks maybe, for TT, FT, Woods....IMO NO.

Take a close look around, reach out to David Ham who uses and has run both OEM and Inverts; David is one of the leading Trike Riders & an absolute 'Beast' on a Trike winning over 5 series in 2018 from AZ to CA, including 100 mile Desert races on his BDT261CC ATC250R...one of the best to give you an honest opinion on Inverts vs re-valved/new spring OEM Forks.

I & the BDT crew will at your WALDO Nationals March 1st/2nd...stop by and say hello, we can discuss engines, Pipes, caburation, Intakes, suspension and Trike Racing.

Carlos

There were triples available on 3wheelerworld.com at one point I haven’t been on there in a while.There are also several write ups on the topic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    Have you considered re-valving & new springs on your front ATC250R forks? A lot can be done with the OEM Forks first. BDT Motorsports has done a few Conversions using CRF, YZ as well as other inverted forks for ATC250R's, however; not all users end up thinking the switch to inverts was worth the effort or cost. For technically challenging MX tracks maybe, for TT, FT, Woods....IMO NO.
    Trikes In the Woods... you want to talk about hairy...
    Might as well smoke... SMOKE!

There was i guy that did the fork conversion you are talking about. Changed over to a mixture of dirt bike and atv plastic too. Final product looked like something a manufacturer would put out today. I can't remember if he was on this site or the other site. Might be worth asking over there.

trike builders BVC is the place to go. he has changed the game on 3 wheelers. he has and stocks all components as well as inverted for 250r. now you say you ride and race with a group from florida at mx tracks. what a better place to get information from 100 % first hand from rides who have already done these concersions.

Thanks & I appreciate you advice Carlos! I will try to reach out to David & ask him.

Thanks Douglas,..I will try to reach out to the as well.

There was a guy who came on here briefly “Squirrel “ he was building modern 4 strokes into trikes

TPC Trikes, may have some info for you too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links