Hybrid project
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hybrid project

Hybrid project

Im just gonna post some pictures of what we started some week ago.
    It might not be full honda but it will haul
    american opel likes this.

Looks like a very cool build man!

I have the same graydon intake on my 421 banshee, it seems to work great. Im sure the 2-1 pipes will sound bad ass too.

Always wanted to see how a pipe like that would effect the overall ridabilty?
    Current machines
    1986 TRX-310ESR +3 asr, and 450r swinger
    1988 LT500R Quadzilla restored stock
    1996 banshee 421 ported serval leagers swing arm LSR MX arms
    2014 KFX-450R FCI, motowrx exhaust, Fox gen 3 shox, jd +3 arms
    2004 TRX-450R long travel hybrid
    2006 CR-250R Forward motion big bore and porting
    2001 CR-500R AF
    2005 DS-650X
    2005 Argo Avenger

what engine is that ?????

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

I like it !!!

Many years ago, 250R frame & Banshee engine was the only way to make a banshee handle. Was only one rider I knew in the US could handle a banshee frame quad, Steve Mendenhall out of Garner NC.
    Neil

Basicaly its a 86 frame with a banshee motor. everything is custom, 2 into 1 intake, using vforce 4 reed cage and unmodified airbox and air box tube. It use a 38 mm pwk wich sit at the same position as if it where a 250r motor, making jet change a lot easyer... 2 into 1 exaust too...

we still havent finished testing but it does move. dyno day is set up in 1 week. we are going to use the exact same motor wich made 65 hp 1 month ago in a banshee with std dual carb and dual custom pipe... acording to the pipe builder, number should be the same but we are still concerned about the stinger size, as it use the 250r muffler and have a small ID ...

Sure thing the banshee motor is a lot of weight low in the frame, but damn you can make so much easy hp out of it i couldnt resist trying... one of the flaw is that it wont shift like a honda. holy crap yamaha gear shift doesnt feel smooth and easy .

I really cant wait to see the number, dyno port 2 into 1 where pretty much crap power wise and i would really like to beat the 2 is better myth.

#C-Leigh Racing

too bad that nobody had cellphone back in the day, i wish i could have seen such a beast riden by a good driver
    Today race only means 4 stroke sadly...
    Last edited by jimcarrier; 01-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.

keep up on the pic's and info

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    keep up on the pic's and info
    Dyno day is set at 17, we still have some testing to do as i think that the stinger id will be too small for a 350 twin.
    There isnt a lot of people who wrote about optimal stinger size when we talk of multicylinder expension chamber sadly.

some one has to have this info

Quote Originally Posted by jimcarrier View Post
    Basicaly its a 86 frame with a banshee motor. everything is custom, 2 into 1 intake, using vforce 4 reed cage and unmodified airbox and air box tube. It use a 38 mm pwk wich sit at the same position as if it where a 250r motor, making jet change a lot easyer... 2 into 1 exaust too...

we still havent finished testing but it does move. dyno day is set up in 1 week. we are going to use the exact same motor wich made 65 hp 1 month ago in a banshee with std dual carb and dual custom pipe... acording to the pipe builder, number should be the same but we are still concerned about the stinger size, as it use the 250r muffler and have a small ID ...

Sure thing the banshee motor is a lot of weight low in the frame, but damn you can make so much easy hp out of it i couldnt resist trying... one of the flaw is that it wont shift like a honda. holy crap yamaha gear shift doesnt feel smooth and easy .

I really cant wait to see the number, dyno port 2 into 1 where pretty much crap power wise and i would really like to beat the 2 is better myth.

#C-Leigh Racing

too bad that nobody had cellphone back in the day, i wish i could have seen such a beast riden by a good driver
    Today race only means 4 stroke sadly...
    Yeah, he was good. I raced flat track bikes back in the late 70s & Steve ran at the same tracks. He would show up & run at least 3 to 5 of the different size classes & won most of the time. Quite a few years later I bought one of his Banshees he races for team Yamaha, God O mighty that thing was fast, more than I could handle.
    I guess sometime in the 90s, when companys started building aftermarket quad frames, there was one for a Banshee & every thing about it was just like a 250R frame, so the handling was far improved over a old stock Banshee frame.
    Theres was an issue, of the old ATV Sports mag from years ago, had a pic of Steve when he went to a big beach race over in Holland & showed him wheeling out of the gate on the Banshee I got from him in front of well over 200 riders, so ol boys got some history.
    Neil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links