+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 250R Value

With great regret I have to sell my 250R I just bought. I am moving and have to sell some of my possessions. I was wondering what is a fair price to sell my 250R for I have all the stock parts as well as the aftermarket parts for it 2 extra cylinders extra side cases tires are brand new desert tank and regular tank.
    Attached Images
    Great to work with: JoePA, TLR-Online, redred55, KSRRider2

With great regret I have to sell my 250R I just bought. I am moving and have to sell some of my possessions. I was wondering what is a fair price to sell my 250R for I have all the stock parts as well as the aftermarket parts for it 2 extra cylinders extra side cases tires are brand new desert tank and regular tank.
    What year is it, and what part of the country are you in? That can make a big difference in how much you can get for it.
    1986 Honda TRX 250R, BDT Motorsports Motor, Laeger Swing Arm, Laeger A-Arms + 2, Laegar Steering Stem, P.E.P Steering Damper

1988 Honda TRX 250R, Duncan Racing National Kit, Gussetted Stock Frame, Laeger Swing Arm, Laeger A-Arms + 2, Laegar Steering Stem, Laeger Flip Seat, P.E.P Suspension, P.E.P Steering Damper,

I think $3500. It has some upgrades like shocks, new tires and nice OEM fenders + it's very clean.

What year is it, and what part of the country are you in? That can make a big difference in how much you can get for it.
    I am in Massachusetts , so I was thinking a mint 250R would be valued a little more since the weather up here destroys them quicker. I was hoping to get 4,000. It is really mint; the picture does not do it justice.

I'm over the border in RI. I unfortunately don't see 4k for it. It is a nice looking bike for sure, just not sure if you'll get that around here. Good luck with the sale!

Where ya moving to?

I'm over the border in RI. I unfortunately don't see 4k for it. It is a nice looking bike for sure, just not sure if you'll get that around here. Good luck with the sale!

Where ya moving to?
    Yeah I hear you, I might take all the aftermarket stuff off of it and sell it separate. Or put it on ebay since they have that no fee unless sold promotion going on. I am just moving to my own place and I already have 2 trucks and 2 cars and all my tools so I gotta let some stuff go.

Yeah I hear you, I might take all the aftermarket stuff off of it and sell it separate. Or put it on ebay since they have that no fee unless sold promotion going on.
    I think you would be way ahead to sell the other stuff separately, I'll think you'll make more money. I'm in WV, and I just bought an 86 for $1500. The guy said he started at out at $2500, he was asking $2000 when we went to look at it. If it had been an 88 (which is what I already have) I would have given him $2000 for it. It also depends on timing. I wasn't looking for another R but this was too good too pass up.
    1986 Honda TRX 250R, BDT Motorsports Motor, Laeger Swing Arm, Laeger A-Arms + 2, Laegar Steering Stem, P.E.P Steering Damper

1988 Honda TRX 250R, Duncan Racing National Kit, Gussetted Stock Frame, Laeger Swing Arm, Laeger A-Arms + 2, Laegar Steering Stem, Laeger Flip Seat, P.E.P Suspension, P.E.P Steering Damper,

I'm in Mass and I was looking for awhile before I bought mine. I'm thinking you will be able to get between $2500 and $3000 tops.

I'm in Mass and I was looking for awhile before I bought mine. I'm thinking you will be able to get between 00 and 00 tops.
    What part of Mass?

What part of Mass?
    Western Mass; If it is only worth $2000 I would rather see it just rot in my backyard. I'm just gonna leave it on craigslist for $4000 and see what happens.

Ads