+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By acecarlos

Thread: FUel Injected CR500

FUel Injected CR500

I don't know if anyone has seen this but some guys in New Zealand have put electronic fuel injection on a CR500 which is stuffed in a YZ frame. It put out 70 HP on the dyno with stock cylinder no porting. Add a counter balancer to this and you would have one heck of a quad motor.

the counter balancer is hard to do a guy in az did it but still is not as smooth as a trx motor.

and the transmission gear ratio is a bit different also.

you can do get a EFI kit for you 250r for 1300$ from high gain tuning.

Last edited by motofool250r; 06-23-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    463cc Super Puma Caged in a LSR Ti Chassis
    443cc Puma by Hybrid Engineering
    344cc ESR By Hybrid Engineering
    353cc ProX by Hybrid Engineering

EFI is not what its all craked up to be on a quad. If I had the money I would change my KFX over to a carbed bike. You still have to tune them when adding mods, tons of electical worries, only adjust to altitude to a certain point as the system is open not closed. It like adding a ton of wires to a bike to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by dlunn View Post
    I don't know if anyone has seen this but some guys in New Zealand have put electronic fuel injection on a CR500 which is stuffed in a YZ frame. It put out 70 HP on the dyno with stock cylinder no porting. Add a counter balancer to this and you would have one heck of a quad motor.

this is cool but you guys must be advertising this like theres no tomorow. seen this same vid posted on about 5 other forums just since yesterday. dont get me wrong its cool but tired of seeing that aussie bloke ramble about his FI 70hp "monster" stock engine
    Last edited by udontknowme; 06-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks for posting this i havent heard of it but since I ride yz and honda bikes this is like a dream come true haha.
    If you ridin' them 4 strokes, I feel bad for you son.
    I got 99 problems, but my valves ain't one!

I know of a few folks working on DI units for Honda 2 strokes, including CR250R's & ATC/TRX250R's...give it some time.

Carlos
    BDT MOTORSPORTS 909-466-9152 M-F 9:00 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 4:30 PM. Visit our Web Site at WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM or email: BDTMOTORSPORTS@YAHOO.COM 'SIMPLY THE BEST' BDT MOTORSPORTS'

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    I know of a few folks working on DI units for Honda 2 strokes, including CR250R's & ATC/TRX250R's...give it some time.

Carlos
    Direct injection kits? care to shed more light? like High gain tuning? or is it aftermarket stuff for multiple applications?
    463cc Super Puma Caged in a LSR Ti Chassis
    443cc Puma by Hybrid Engineering
    344cc ESR By Hybrid Engineering
    353cc ProX by Hybrid Engineering

Specific to Honda CR250R's and TRX/ATC 250R's...I know of two companies working on DI units, I know one is about a year away from being introduced and the other I am not sure about the time frame.

Carlos
    RIDE-RED 350r likes this.
    BDT MOTORSPORTS 909-466-9152 M-F 9:00 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 4:30 PM. Visit our Web Site at WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM or email: BDTMOTORSPORTS@YAHOO.COM 'SIMPLY THE BEST' BDT MOTORSPORTS'

biggest problem i see is the cost. all of us can scrape up $240 for a new pwk. only a handful can fork out a grand or more for the injection setups. over a year ago i talked to a place about FI on my bike. when they told me the approx price and i had to haul it 1000miles to their shop to program the computer there was no way i could afford all that. even when they get it sorted out and sell it off the shelf your still talking big bucks for all the hardware needed

Ads