+ Reply to Thread

honda 1986 250r jetting. HELP!!

I new to this site. But have a quick question. I have a 1986 250r that has an fmf fatty pipe. Does anyone know the size jet i need to use. The jet that is in it now, isnt right cause its blowing black oil out around the head pipe and blowing black smoke out of silencer. And doesnt run right. (it has a power core 2 silencer).... Thanks.

Senior Member CCAIAZZA@ADELPHIA.NET's Avatar
    Take carb off and see what is in there now if it is really big go smaller till it cleans up or if it is really small go bigger until in cleans up. Thats the quick way to do it search the thresds to find out more,there is a lot on it.

alright.. thats what i had planned on doing. i just didnt know if there was a special size for that pipe? or what would be the easiest way.
    thanks for the help and quick reply.

What carb are you working with? What size is the top end? Can't really offer jetting options until those two factors are known.
    And what is your altitude there - that plays a big role too.
    LED Performance Sphynx 350, LED BB chromed custom exhaust. LED custom intake with K&N, CR250 Ignition, Keihin 41.5mil AS, VFORCE 3 reed valve, Precision Steering Dampner, LSR +2 Steering stem with anti vibe, LSR front and rear hubs, LSR Anti Fade, LSR +4 adjustable axle, LSR bearing carrier, Custom +3 swingarm, Fox Evolution LT shocks, Laeger +2+1 LT arms, IMS Dessert Tank, Pro taper bars, Magura clutch, CBR oversized radiator with CV4 hoses and AC Racing MX Pro Peg nerfs

the carb looks just like a stock one. and the top end was just rebuilt but wasnt bored. so its stock. and i pulled the jet out alittle while ago and its a 150.. and altitude is 643ft. above see level.
    thanks for the help.

First; clean up the exhaust flange and any pipe joints and seal up well with High Temp Silicone; you can't jet properly if the pipe is acting like a diaphragm and letting air in & gases out.

A stock OEM 86 cylinder in a healthy engine at 643' altitude, 40F to 90F on Pump Gas runs a 150-158 Main, 48-50 Pilot, 2 turns out on the AS, 3rd to 4th clip on the needle in a stock carb. Add an FMF pipe and you amy go up on the Main 1-2 sizes and 1 size up on the Pilot.

Carlos
    BDT MOTORSPORTS 909-466-9152 M-F 9:00 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 4:30 PM. Visit our Web Site at WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM or email: BDTMOTORSPORTS@YAHOO.COM 'SIMPLY THE BEST' BDT MOTORSPORTS'

thanks for the quick reply. so should i just try the jets from 150-160 and see what happens?

thanks Carlos,

Seal the pipe up first; then try Main jetting from 150-158...keep an eye on the Plug and listen to your engine.

Carlos
    BDT MOTORSPORTS 909-466-9152 M-F 9:00 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 4:30 PM. Visit our Web Site at WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM or email: BDTMOTORSPORTS@YAHOO.COM 'SIMPLY THE BEST' BDT MOTORSPORTS'

alright. ill try that.
    thanks

Ads