Fatty, Pro Circuit or CT pipe on an ESR310?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fatty, Pro Circuit or CT pipe on an ESR310?

Fatty, Pro Circuit or CT pipe on an ESR310?

I saw there was a previous post on this not that long ago but doesn't really answer my question. The fatty and pro circuit pipes are most cost-effective coming in at only $350 for the whole kit. The CT pipe is about 75 more dollars but I am new to the 250R scene and I'm not sure if the CT pipe is worth the extra money. Any insight would be helpful. Sorry to the veterans that have had this question posed a million times.

If you already have the FMF, that would be better than the Pro Circuit, but if you dont have either, the extra $75 that the CT mid range MX would cost, would be well worth it.
    The CT mid range MX, could go along with cylinder porting from bottom end to kinda the upper mid range levels, but will fall off real quick the high the rpms you try to make it go.
    The ESR TRX 5 regular mount pipe, can work with the same porting levels, but will have just a slight less bottom end pull than the CT, but it will pull in the high rpms a bit more. Kind of a trade off on both ends of the rpm range on the TRX 5 pipe. Most riders, can hardly tell the difference in the bottom end pull of the TRX 5 pipe compaired to the CT mid range.

If you would want a custom made pipe, check with BDT or LED, Kenny at BDT or Arlan at LED can build a fantastic looking & performing pipe for the 250R or most any 2 stroke out there.
    Neil

I see esr has an MXB pipe and a trx5b pipe. What is the difference? Can any of these pipes be run on a 370 if I were to go that route in the future?

What is the max cc the CT pipe can perform on?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

I would just call them but I've already left a message and don't want to big the hell outta them.

If a custom Hand Made pipe is not in the budget, then either one of the pipes mentioned are good 'off the shelf' pipes for 250CC to 310CC engines IMO.

What happens on engines above 310CC when using pipes designed for 250CC-310CC is the back pressure increases dramatically and the pipe volume and stinger (as well as muffler inlet & outlet) need to increase in volume & size accordingly to match the bigger engine CC’s.

It’s not a question of HP or Torque as much as a question of reliability, and excessive engine temperatures. Typically Big Bore >310CC engines running pipes that are Too Small designed for 250CC-310CC will see temps rise 30-40F, this is especially true & noticeable when running engines ‘Hard’ on Sand, Mud, ect…anyplace the engine has to work harder than on Hard packed Dirt.

Pipes labeled with a 'B' have a slightly bigger Header design to try to compensate for the increase in CC's, however; they fall short vs pipes properly designed with a larger volume & larger stinger diameters, and larger muffler inlet & outlet diameters in reducing back pressure & engine temps.

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 01-02-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    BDT MOTORSPORTS 909-466-9152 M-F 9:00 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 4:30 PM. Visit our Web Site at WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM or email: BDTMOTORSPORTS@YAHOO.COM 'SIMPLY THE BEST' BDT MOTORSPORTS'

Excellent. Thanks!
    So what I'm understanding is the "b" pipes are still not safe or optimal for the 363 engines. Correct?

If working your BB engine hard, like an engine does in Sand or Mud, it's hard to beat a pipe designed as a Big Bore pipe with a larger Stinger & Muffler specific to the larger displacement....this is True no matter who makes the pipe.

So yes, it is a safer, more reliable and cooler running engine with a matched Big Bore pipe in plus 310CC engines.

Carlos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BDT MOTORSPORTS 909-466-9152 M-F 9:00 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 4:30 PM. Visit our Web Site at WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM or email: BDTMOTORSPORTS@YAHOO.COM 'SIMPLY THE BEST' BDT MOTORSPORTS'

Quote Originally Posted by 96bansheepilot View Post
    Excellent. Thanks!
    So what I'm understanding is the "b" pipes are still not safe or optimal for the 363 engines. Correct?
    You will be fine with the trx5B. It will be a great pipe for you and for if you grow your cc over time. A certain pipe builder charging 850ish for hand made pipes for 363ish builds was doing normal size stingers and silencers for a long time as well.

To answer your question about the difference between the mxb vs the 5b the mxb and 9b have a steeper tapper to the rear section which gives the pipe more hit then the smoother broader 5b and 7b.
    Last edited by etccb; 01-02-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    kb250r likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by etccb View Post
    You will be fine with the trx5B. It will be a great pipe for you and for if you grow your cc over time. A certain pipe builder charging 850ish for hand made pipes for 363ish builds was doing normal size stingers and silencers for a long time as well.

To answer your question about the difference between the mxb vs the 5b the mxb and 9b have a steeper tapper to the rear section which gives the pipe more hit then the smoother broader 5b and 7b.
    And just because they're coned pipes doesn't mean they aren't just a general built pipe either they might be closer to the build but not an exact fit to that engine ect.
    Hybrid Engineering motor 431 puma
    Sold 363 sphinx
    Simply the best

I deal with a lot of MX & TT racers & most of them only have the older regular size stinger pipes & they have learned how to tune the engine & carb to those pipes. The FMF & the Pro Circuit have small stingers & the design was from years ago before the real big bores came onto the market. The FMF Fatty was a later design than the older FMF pipes.
    The CT mid range, the stinger on it is larger than the FMF or Pro Circuit, so does have an advantage over the other two. The ESR TRX 5, has the same size stinger as the CT.
    I have over the years, racing MX & TT, used the CT mid range on 330, 350 & 370cc size 250R engines & fine tuned the engine & carb to those pipes. Were they a perfect match to set ups of today, probably not, but they did work for us & we won championship with them.
    Neil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links