+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rsss396 View Post
    You know if you would have been upfront with installing a different cylinder you would have saved you and everyone else allot of time trying to figure out why your compression was so high. You can't expect good troubleshooting tips if you leave info out.
    I am upfront i changed cylinders at the beginning, i had 140psi with the cylinder that the quad came with, call it cylinder 1, i purchased the other cylinder to not have any down time, so i took cylinder 2 to get bored to new piston that i bought, and that gave me 190 so i tough that was normal, cylinder 2 then blew and got new crank, seals, gaskets, main bearings, and piston, that's when i got the 230 psi.
    I really appreciate the help, i did start 2 different threats but after awhile they went cold since i had new issues, but i do believe that i did mention the cylinder change in one of those threads, thread one was my initial low 140 compression, my second one was why my engine seized, and then this one.
    I sincerely hope that i can still get the help to correct this,
    head work, gaskets base or head, i dont know.

Initial post 140 psi
    Second post blew engine
    Third post too high compression

Hope this clears up I'm not a dumb ass. hahaha

Thanks
    Last edited by rivera82; 07-29-2012 at 09:28 PM.

mystery solved

Quote Originally Posted by rivera82 View Post
    I am upfront i changed cylinders at the beginning, i had 140psi with the cylinder that the quad came with, call it cylinder 1, i purchased the other cylinder to not have any down time, so i took cylinder 2 to get bored to new piston that i bought, and that gave me 190 so i tough that was normal, cylinder 2 then blew and got new crank, seals, gaskets, main bearings, and piston, that's when i got the 230 psi.
    I really appreciate the help, i did start 2 different threats but after awhile they went cold since i had new issues, but i do believe that i did mention the cylinder change in one of those threads, thread one was my initial low 140 compression, my second one was why my engine seized, and then this one.
    I sincerely hope that i can still get the help to correct this,
    head work, gaskets base or head, i dont know.

Initial post 140 psi
    Second post blew engine
    Third post too high compression

Hope this clears up I'm not a dumb ass. hahaha

Thanks
    well I dont see anywhere that you stated a differant cylinder is used, anyways water under the bridge just in the future dont leave any details out.

You can try raising the whole cylinder to give you enough piston clearance but then your port timings may be to high.
    you need to put a degree wheel on it to truely know, and thats a whole another thread on how to use a degree wheel.

why not fix the old cylinder?
    Last edited by rsss396; 07-30-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Id go with rs on this one bro. U stated u got cylinder #2 for no down time but it seems to me as #2 is making you have down time so just fix the original cylinder and go riding

Quote Originally Posted by rsss396 View Post
    well I dont see anywhere that you stated a differant cylinder is used, anyways water under the bridge just in the future dont leave any details out.

You can try raising the whole cylinder to give you enough piston clearance but then your port timings may be to high.
    you need to put a degree wheel on it to truely know, and thats a whole another thread on how to use a degree wheel.

why not fix the old cylinder?

well i allready payed for the cylinder, the boring and the piston, just more $$$ that i would like to spend.

Your looking at it the wrong way. True you've spent the money on the cylinder then had it honed new piston ect ect. But now your talking bout spending more money to have the work done to get this cylinder and head set up properly to run it. When u could spend the money on the old cylinder and go riding and sell the freshly honed cylinder with new piston and rings. You would make the money spent to get cylinder 1 fixed by selling headache cylinder2

Quote Originally Posted by tcoop474 View Post
    Your looking at it the wrong way. True you've spent the money on the cylinder then had it honed new piston ect ect. But now your talking bout spending more money to have the work done to get this cylinder and head set up properly to run it. When u could spend the money on the old cylinder and go riding and sell the freshly honed cylinder with new piston and rings. You would make the money spent to get cylinder 1 fixed by selling headache cylinder2
    intrested in piston and cylinder? hahaha, who could i sell this to? who would buy it? i would be upfront about the issue and let the buyer know, couldnt sell it to some one else and have this headache

Someone would buy it

with so many unknowns with this cylinder you either sell it to someone that is smart enough to set it up properly or you have to map it out for yourself.
    to that you need to put a degree wheel on it which you would need to buy but then you will more than likely still need to have the dome recut to work with the new cylinder because if your new cylinder has porting done to it then the exhaust port more than likely has been raised and raising the cylinder more will make the motor real peaky or not run correctly at all if its to much.
    then there is a good chance that the extra base gaskets will blow out or leak.

Ads