+ Reply to Thread

Help with sound from clutch once it's released in neutral?

So I'm asking just because it's too early to call my engine builder and I'm ancy to figure it out... Still breaking in my ct350 motor and last night after getting home from riding I noticed that there is a sound coming from the clutch area once I release the clutch lever, if I pull it in the sound stops. I noticed the doing earlier in the day some but last night I could tell the diff. Any suggestions untill I call my buddy?

maybe something to do with the clutch adjustment? I didn't have time to troubleshoot much

no your fine I do believe...I have same noise from my clutch and its new... pull in clutch lever goes away, let it out clutch chatter... Some baskets just chatter. I was just thinking about your quad yesterday, was wondering if you got it running yet! any pics?

If the inner basket & outer basket have grooves in them, then at idle speed, the steel & fiber plates could be working back & forth, working in that play & would produce some noise.
    Could be as well, once the lever is pulled, its pushing the whole clutch away from the kick starter gear that was bumping the back side of the clutch basket.
    Neil

Yea, I'm still breaking it in but it's finally done... Even though over budget lol.... I made a thread and just posted in it

Thanks neil, once I get home ill check it out... it has a hinson basket and heavy duty springs I think. Is there a way that I can check if the kick starter gear is rubbing without taking the cover off?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-stroke demon View Post
    Thanks neil, once I get home ill check it out... it has a hinson basket and heavy duty springs I think. Is there a way that I can check if the kick starter gear is rubbing without taking the cover off?
    Not really, but the gear would have sort of a deep clang sound to it because its size & what it is hitting.
    Keep in mind, when that engines idling, it is not a steady pull on all the gears under that cover, more of a jerk & snatch type deal between the gear teeth, so the noise might not be the clutch.
    Neil

its not just a light chatter noise?

My motor did that and the rod sized to the little ball bearing

Even with new OEM parts, the clutch assembly has a lot of play back and forth as well as tilt. Some make more noise than others, the 89 up-grade kit help reduce the noise, however; the play is still present. Gear back lash adds to the noise level as well...

Carlos
    BDT MOTORSPORTS 909-466-9152 M-F 9:00 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 4:30 PM. Visit our Web Site at WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM or email: BDTMOTORSPORTS@YAHOO.COM 'SIMPLY THE BEST' BDT MOTORSPORTS'

Ads