Silver Lake this week
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver Lake this week

Hi Guys,
    A buddy and I are going to silver lake this coming week.

Do you recommend any other trails in Michigan to ride on?

Anybody want to ride during the week?

Are there any good places to stop for R parts?

Thanks

Have you ever been there? There is a shop right by the entrance that has pretty much any parts, gear, gas etc. The whole little town is all about the dunes, there are a couple cool atv/dune shops. Its a really good time I wish I could make it out again this year.

Yes I have been out there 4 years ago with my slow 400ex. I can't wait to ride the R there.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by esseclipse View Post
    Have you ever been there? There is a shop right by the entrance that has pretty much any parts, gear, gas etc. The whole little town is all about the dunes, there are a couple cool atv/dune shops. Its a really good time I wish I could make it out again this year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

I have heard that Baldwin trails are excellent. They are groomed ORV routes which means they are wide enough for a jeep. They wouldn't be too far from Silver Lake. But we have had a lot of rain lately so it might be pretty muddy in the trails. I have heard that the DNR is enforcing the noise limits a lot more this year at Silver Lake so make sure your silencer is packed well and you have a spark arrestor.
    86r 310 C-Leigh ported TRX5 pipe CR ignition HLS shocks
    97 Laeger XC narrow CR500 rear +4 pro-trax 330 C-Leigh ported

Manistee National Forest

I have a powercore 2 silencer. Do you have any suggestions on putting on a spark arrestor?
    Thanks

Try and find an old cobra sparky. They bolt on to the back of the FMF oval mufflers. Or you could buy a FMF turbine core that would have a spark arrestor built in. No spark arrestor...no riding. They are VERY STRICT on this

Can I put a metal screen on the end of my existing pipe? I am leaving tomorrow...
    Thanks

Careful putting any screen at the end of the muffler, any metal screen adds significant flow restrictions. The metal screen area should be much larger than the pipe outlet diameter...easily calculated.

The screen itself will reduce flow depending on the ‘mesh’ size, even the largest ‘mesh’ will have significant reduction in flow area, hence the need to increase the screens overall area to compensate for flow restriction…

Carlos

I have been running a sparky on the back of a FMF power core for a few years now on a well built 330 with a trx5 pipe with no issues. Fortunately I have never been sound checked with the R. IT would never pass. I have heard exactly what Carlos said from multiple engine builders so I think your only option is a sparky and even at that you have to be careful that it doesn't plug up with any silencer packing material or carbon. I look at mine every fill up and clean it every trip. Some guys just put a sink drain screen in the back of the muffler so their stick hits it and they assume it has a spark arrestor. But I wouldn't do it. If they want to get picky, they will look for the USFS stamp on the muffler and if its not there, on the dunes they will deny you access but if you are caught on the trails without a spark arrestor it is a big fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links